SN neutrino workshop tentative date

Subject: SN neutrino workshop tentative date
From: Kate Scholberg (schol@budoe.bu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 10:58:13 EDT

Dear snnet list members
  and Neutrino '98 SN meeting attendees,

As many of you know, at Neutrino '98 in June, a 1-2 day workshop
was proposed to address the following issues (among others):

-- Connection with astronomers: how can we organize alert responses
so that astronomers will have the best possible chance of observing
early supernova light?

-- Triangulation: how well is it possible to point to the supernova
using the neutrino timing information from currently running
experiments? How much detailed data exchange will be necessary?

Alec Habig and I will organize this workshop at Boston University.

Ideally, we'd like to have at least one representative from each of
the major neutrino experiments, as well as astronomers and supernova
theorists.

Based on responses received so far, I propose:

September 12-13, 1998

(Sat/Sun) as TENTATIVE dates for the workshop. This is a
weekend, which makes it slightly easier to arrange meeting rooms etc;
however a week day may be possible, too. Another time during the
second and third weeks of September may also work. If you would like
to attend the workshop and you have constraints or preferences, please
let us know as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Kate Scholberg
schol@budoe.bu.edu