SN alert PGP key

Subject: SN alert PGP key
From: Alec Habig (habig@budoe2.bu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 17:34:20 EST

Hi SNEWSers,

First, apologies for that test message which I just sent (to the wrong
address, which exploded to everyone -- oops!).

However, the real news is that there is now a PGP key with which the SN
alarm computer will sign any future alert messages. This will help
protect against someone spoofing an alarm (Note that this particular
email is signed with my own key, not the alert one!).

The SN alert public PGP key can be found at

    http://hep.bu.edu/~snnet/snalert.asc

Please add this to your key ring, and it should be available on the
world's PGP public key server network soon (I was doing that when I sent
that first, bogus message - apologies!).

If you want to learn more about PGP in general, please see

   http://www.pgpi.org/

and/or

   http://www.gnupg.org/

Once you get set up, it would be good to have as many of us SNEWS
participants as possible digitally sign the snalert PGP key, so to help
with convincing skeptical people of its authenticity. Email me when/if
you do this, so we can coordinate signatures.

        Best regards,
        Alec

--
       Alec Habig, Boston University Particle Astrophysics Group
			   habig@budoe.bu.edu